Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 38, Photo 38

As a mommy I get excited with each 'first' with my girls - their first word, first steps and first kisses and hugs. I eagerly mark the moment on calendars and in baby books and am always anxious to share with anyone who will listen the momentous occasion.

And then there are the 'firsts' I don't look forward to and the moments I am anxious to forget - like the first black eye.

From 2010 - A Year in Photos


Samantha was in the bathroom with me this morning as I was getting ready for church. She pulled on one of the cabinet drawers and it came flying forward into her face. The purple mark appeared pretty quickly and underneath her eye even puffed up a little until Ed held a cold pack on it for a few minutes.

I can remember Gabrielle's first black eye. She fell off a little chair during playgroup one morning and face first into the Little People farm. It was one of those slow motion moments when I saw what was happening and just couldn't get to her quick enough. My heart broke that day as it did this morning with that sad little face of hurt.

From 2010 - A Year in Photos


As seen in the photo above Gabrielle's boo-boo occurred right before her first birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Joshua got his at Mama & Daddy's. He fell and slammed into the toilet bowl. That shiner was huge!

    ReplyDelete