Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 43, Photo 43

Sweet Bella...

From 2010 - A Year in Photos


We always had cats growing up and even a dog or two here and there. Once I had my own apartment I pretty quickly got a kitten and then a couple of years later got another kitten as "company" for the first cat (as if Deezul, the first cat, really wanted company!). But Bella was my first puppy.

About a month after Ed and I got married I started bugging him for a dog. Looking back I'm not sure what I was thinking. We still had my two cats and he also had a dog of his own. Why on earth would we add to that? I think I was getting a little bit of baby fever and decided to start out with a dog rather than hit Ed up with idea of kids already. Being newlyweds, and the fact I had his mom on my side (Ha ha ha!), it didn't take much convincing for Ed to say yes. His mom even found a local breeder for me!

We went to the breeder and got put on the waiting list for a puppy. In December 2004 I got a call that a litter had been born and my spot came up on the list. Just before Christmas we went and picked out "my puppy"! On Ed's birthday, February 11, 2005 we brought little Bella home.

From 2010 - A Year in Photos


She was spoiled from the very beginning. Poor little Bella has definitely taken a backseat now that we have two actual babies but I try to spoil her still every now and then. Last night she snuggled in bed with me for an hour or two until Ed came to bed. Then he got to be the bad guy and gate her in the kitchen with Mattie, our other dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment